BMS – Seattle, WA
The cell therapy product and analytical development (P&AD) group at BMS, Seattle has an opening for a mass spectrometry scientist. The scientist will be working on developing analytical methods to characterize proteins as well as other material related to cell therapy manufacturing. The Ideal candidate should have proteomics background. See job posting on Linkedin.
Alturas Analytics, Inc – Moscow, Idaho
Alturas Analytics, Inc. is a bioanalytical laboratory providing expert GLP and Non-GLP LC-MS/MS and GC-
MS/MS quantitation and PK/TK analytical services in both small and large molecules. We are a growing, privately-owned CRO specializing in method development, validation, and sample analysis in all biological matrices in support of therapeutic development programs. Our staff consists of talented and hard-
working individuals who are dedicated to working with our collaborators to aid in the treatment and cure of disease.
The Quality Assurance Director will:
∙ Perform analytical-based auditing activities as necessary and implement auditing systems to ensure compliance with GLP requirements
∙ Apply regulatory interpretation to a wide variety of work situations of increasing difficulty ∙ Lead and develop training of scientific and QA staff
∙ Supervise activities of QA staff to ensure timely completion of tasks
∙ Represent the company through meetings and communications and interface with customers and regulatory officials
∙ Perform inspections and audits of study-based protocols, plans, in-process activities, data (paper or electronic), test methods, and a variety of reports and issue inspection and audit reports
∙ Report deficiencies and recommend changes for the laboratory to conform to SOP and regulatory standards and to improve efficiency
∙ Assist with development and/or review SOPs, Technical Procedures, Qualification Plans, and Validation Plans
∙ Act as the host for regulatory agency inspections and client audits and formulate written responses to any findings
Education and Experience Requirements
∙ Bachelor’s degree or higher in a science related field or equivalent experience ∙ SQA RQAP-GLP or ASQ certification is preferred
∙ 7-10 years of quality control or quality assurance and/or regulatory work experience or an advanced educational degree
∙ Working knowledge of MS Office suite (emphasis in Word and Excel)
∙ Knowledge of bioanalytical laboratory equipment, assays, techniques is preferred ∙ Knowledge of Good Documentation Practices is required
∙ Knowledge of FDA Good Laboratory Practices (GLPs) and other FDA regulatory guidances (e.g., Bioanalytical Guidance documents) is required
∙ Knowledge of MHLW, OECD, ICH and other regulatory guidances preferred
∙ Knowledge of ISO9001 and/or investigative methods
∙ 3-5 years of supervisory experience
∙ An equivalent combination of education and experience or demonstrated ability may qualify the appropriate personnel for this position
Skills and Abilities Requirements
∙ High level of attention to detail and organization of records
∙ Ability to utilize appropriate mathematical concepts for interpreting scientific data ∙ Ability to read protocols, possess good writing and good oral communication skills ∙ Ability to apply reasoning skills to deal with a variety of situations and problem solving ∙ Skill in customer service
∙ Ability to interpret procedures, regulations and guidelines
∙ Ability to travel occasionally for professional development
∙ Ability to function effectively in stressful situations
This position is full time, on-site in Moscow, Idaho, USA. Salary DOE with a full benefits package provided.
Please send resume, cover letter, and job application to Alturas Analytics, Inc., 1324 Alturas Drive, Moscow, ID, 83843, or email email@example.com. For complete job description, link to the job application and information about our company, please visit our website:
Seagen – Bothell, WA
Seagen is a global, multi-product biotechnology company dedicated to developing and commercializing transformative cancer medicines. As the industry leader in antibody-drug conjugate (ADC) technology, we pioneered a new generation in the science of harnessing antibodies to deliver cell-killing agents directly to cancer cells. Seagen’s dedication to improving the lives of cancer patients goes beyond science, and we believe that every employee has a role in contributing to this mission. By working together with a shared dedication and diverse perspectives, we are able to reach our full potential and make a real difference in the world. Seagen is a fast-growing company and has an abundance of opportunities available for you to grow your career. Put your passion to work at Seagen and join us!
The primary role of this individual will be to support process development, CMC projects and regulatory filings. The scientist will interface with Analytical Sciences and Process Sciences stakeholders in a collaborative manner by using mass spectrometry to characterize biotherapeutic proteins and identify minor variants and low-level unknown host-cell protein impurities. They will work cross functionally to ensure timely mass spectrometry support and delivery of product characterization packages. This individual will also lead technology development in the execution of proteomics experiments and cutting edge data analysis approaches. The scientist may also periodically author and review regulatory sections involving the use of mass spectrometry for characterization and comparability of Seattle Genetics products.
· The successful candidate will lead as well as perform hands-on work in an analytical mass spectrometry laboratory working with state of the art instrumentation and data analysis software
· This person will have deep knowledge and hands-on experience in peptide map based proteomics approaches.
· The position reports to a Director level position in Analytical Sciences (AS) and interacts closely with, Impurities, Cell Line Development, Cell Culture, Formulation and Process Analytical groups within the Development organization
· Can lead an intra-department project or initiative involving other contributors
· Independently present at department, project team, or Sr. Management meetings
· May supervise lower level staff
· Deep expertise in development and execution of high sensitivity MS proteomics approaches
· Have a solid knowledge of protein chemistry and analytical techniques (HPLC, FPLC and CE) Multi-year experience in high-resolution mass spectrometry and deep knowledge of mass spectrometry data analysis software, particularly Protein Discoverer and Protein Metrics
· Demonstrate technical proficiency, scientific creativity, collaboration with others and independent thought
· Good critical thinking, written and verbal communication skills are essential
· PhD in Chemistry, Biochemistry, Biological Science, or Chemical Engineering with 0-2 years relevant industry experience or BS/MS degree with a minimum of 10+ years of relevant industry experience
As the leading employer in our industry in the Pacific Northwest, Seagen is proud to offer a competitive total compensation package as well as a comprehensive benefits program designed to support the whole lives of our employees and their families. Benefits include medical, vision and dental coverage, group and supplemental life insurance, 401(k) with company match, tuition reimbursement, relocation assistance and much more. To learn more about Seagen, please visit www.seagen.com.
Seagen is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applications will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, age, gender identity, sexual orientation, color, religion, sex, marital status, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law.
To prevent the spread of COVID-19, and as an integral part of its public health and safety measures, Seagen requires that all newly-hired employees be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 before commencing employment, subject to reasonable accommodation and other requirements of applicable federal, state, and local law.
Thermo Fisher Scientific – position location San Jose, California
Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc. is the world leader in serving science, with annual revenue of approximately $40 billion. Our Mission is to enable our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. Whether our customers are accelerating life sciences research, solving complex analytical challenges, increasing productivity in their laboratories, improving patient health through diagnostics or the development and manufacture of life-changing therapies, we are here to support them.
How you will make an impact:
We have an exciting opportunity for a highly motivated Application Scientist to join the Vertical Marketing group in the Proteomics department at Thermo Fisher Scientific. The candidate will have a leading role in developing new mass spectrometry-based tools and workflows for the translational proteomics market working within the mass spectrometry and chromatography business and in collaboration with other departments at Thermo Fisher Scientific.
The candidate will be part of a larger team improving and developing market leading instrumentation, software and consumables products and supporting the development efforts through from the application perspective. Critical to the role is the regular interaction with leading scientist in the field of proteomics and the assessment of market needs through VOC, sales and the broader marketing organization. The application scientist also provides internal and external training as well as customer support. This role liaises with product, application marketing peers, the marketing communications team for creation of marketing and sales collateral to support programs and drive campaigns.
What you will do:
- Day-to-day operation and support of LC-MS systems in the lab
- Design and execute experiments that translate instrument performance capabilities into scientifically meaningful data and results to demonstrate product value.
- Develop strategic application plans, generate laboratory applications data, create exemplary data examples, and perform product technology evaluations to support R&D and field sales.
- Perform market research, capture customer input (VOC) and emerging trends in the protein biomarker and translational markets, develop and maintain current competitive marketing information for review and response.
- Develop and publish application notes, generate and deliver application-related material for internal and external trainings.
- Ensure the above information is communicated to product marketing, sales, demo centers and R&E groups.
- Offer application support to Key Collaborators and customers when appropriate;
- Manage relationships with outside collaborators.
- Ability to travel 20 – 30%,
How you will get here:
- MS degree in science (chemistry, biology, or related discipline) with minimal 8 years of industrial experience or equivalent.
- PhD degree in Biochemistry, Chemical Biology, Structural Biology or a related discipline and experience in mass spectrometry-based proteomics, preferred
- Experience in operation, troubleshooting and maintenance of LCMS instrumentation, preferably Orbitrap instrumentation including Thermo Scientific hybrid, Thermo Scientific Tribrid Orbitrap mass spectrometers and HPLC/nanoUHPLC systems.
- Experience and operational knowledge of high throughput setups including liquid handlers and proteomics factories is desired, but not required.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities:
- Position may require Covid-19 vaccination, including a booster and/or routine testing, per client discretion. As a requirement to be onsite at Thermo Fisher Scientific this position requires vaccination status disclosure upon employment.
- Strong analytical and practical skills in protein or nucleic acid sample preparation, protein data analysis and interpretation.
- Ability to pick up new technologies quickly and ultimately troubleshoot independently
- Excellent communication skills in oral and written English
Our global team of more than 100,000 colleagues delivers an unrivaled combination of innovative technologies, purchasing convenience and pharmaceutical services through our industry-leading brands, including Thermo Scientific, Applied Biosystems, Invitrogen, Fisher Scientific, Unity Lab Services, Patheon and PPD.
Waters Corporation – Washington / Oregon
Waters is seeking a dynamic contributor to fill the role of an LC/MS Sales Specialist in the Washington/Oregon District. This person will have the exciting opportunity to drive sales for our line of MS and LC/MS instruments focusing on high-resolution time-of-flight and tandem quadrupole systems as well as promoting complete solutions across all product lines including LC, software, consumables and services.
The desired candidate should be highly self-motivated to develop and implement a territorial business plan, while working in unison with their sales and marketing colleagues in order to deliver a strong call cycle and business development activities. The foundation of this role is to develop a keen understanding of the customers’ needs to design solutions with lasting and meaningful impact.
Interested candidates can see full job description here.
InduPro, Boston, MA
A great proteomics position that leverages cutting edge methods/approaches to drive and inform drug discovery efforts. This role will be at our Boston location but interfaces heavily with our Seattle team.
Additional non-MS positions in Seattle and Boston: